All You Need in Two Tamrac Bags

Monday, April 29, 2013

I received two new bags from Tamrac last week and decided to put them to the test for a series of small productions I’ve been working on recently. Though smaller in scope, each shoot requires many accessories, including multiple cameras, mics, and more. And of course, the location is often far from my car. I’m typically carrying four or five bags of various sizes, by myself. So I turned to Tamrac  to find an easier solution. They previously helped me find a great bag, the Tamrac Evolution 9, to use on an 11 day back packing trip.

For my current productions, I was searching for a two-bag solution with wheels and the capacity to fit my kit. I usually bring two cameras, lenses, mics, two tripods, a slider, and a Lowel Pro Light kitWith that in mind, Tamrac recommended the Big Wheels Speed Roller 2x for cameras, and the Medium Rolling Studio for gear. The best part is I can use them when I travel. The Big Wheels Speed Roller 2x falls within carry-on guidelines, which would make it a breeze to use when flying.

Packing has never been simpler. These bags are easy to rearrange, and the dividers have great padding while remaining sturdy. The Speed Roller includes numerous pockets for small items, a laptop pocket, and straps that hold the top upright so the door doesn’t flop onto the ground when you’re trying to access things quickly. The Rolling Studio feels really sturdy, and is well padded in case you need to check gear when traveling. My favorite feature is the top pocket: it’s large and I used it to store fast flags and a reflector for quick access.

Overall, I would recommend these bags for anyone looking to simplify their productions. Tamrac has always been my go-to for protecting my gear. I’m looking forward to testing them further on my next production. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Chadwick Trentham's Blog All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger